Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dúlamán na binne buí, dúlamán Gaelach

I hope Jason can control his urge to jig. Or maybe not...

I am conflicted. On the one hand, I've always wanted to experience a concert at the iconic Red Rocks Amphitheater here in Denver. This one-of-a-kind venue is nestled into the striking, rust-hued crags of the Fountain Formation, a hogback rock formation dating back to DINO times! A few skips to the east is Dinosaur Ridge, an ancient dino beach with amazingly preserved plant impressions, footprints, and even exposed dino bones!

I digress *still thinking about dinosaurs*. So on the one hand, I've always wanted to experience the awesomeness of a Red Rocks concert. On the other, the rocktastic show we are attending is...Celtic Woman.

Jason LOVES Celtic Woman...so i am happy and excited he will get to see them in person, but must admit, they are not really my type of music. In fact, I remember one occasion where Jason and I spent like 30 minutes not speaking to each other on a road trip because he FORCED me to listen to CW for like 2 HOURS. I finally couldn't take the ethereal tra-la-laing and Scarborough Fairing for ONE more second, and frantically mashed the power button on the car like twenty times. Stink-eyes and harsh words were exchanged. I verbally abused Celtic Woman.

I have made amends though - and am secretly a little excited. I'm expecting some fantastic costumey dresses and rousing fiddle episodes. Maybe even jigging. Hopefully the violent rains skip over RR tonight!

2 comments:

  1. It was NOT 2 hours. It was more like 10 minutes. If it had been 2 hours I think the car would have forcefully careened off the side of the mountain in a last ditch attempt to end the misery.

    I'm sure you believe Celtic Woman appears right next to water boarding in the enhanced interrogation techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i actually considered saying i wanted to drive the car off of a mountain! Funny you should say that!

    ReplyDelete