Monday, June 29, 2009

Robots in disguise


I have to admit, I am a sucker for a blockbuster. Hailed as the "worst-reviewed $400 million hit," with such accolades as "like watching a child bang on pans for 3 hours" or "the embodiment of everything wrong with America today," Transformers was inexplicably on my list of summer movies to see.

And boy, did it deliver.

A delightful cocktail of equal parts trauma, unintentional hilarity, and 'did that really just happen?' offensiveness, Transformers was easily one of the most entertaining movies of the summer.

Highlights:
  • Not one, not two, but three+ humping scenes, including a hilariously awkward and uncalled for scene of a small robot humping Megan Fox's leg
  • Painful 'mom ate pot brownies my first day at college' scene
  • Sex-crazed transformer college co-ed with retractable ten-foot tongue
  • Illiterate, ebonics-spewing transformer twins
  • Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf running for three hours. Across Egypt. All of Egypt.
and the Pièce de résistance...
  • wrecking ball Transformer testicles.
Seriously though - I haven't laughed that much at a movie in ages. Bravo, Michael Bay! Mission accomplished!

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I believe your review has made Richard want to see this movie even MORE...I can't say I am surprised

    ReplyDelete