Thursday, June 25, 2009

Healthcare edumacation

ObamaCare Coverage
Interesting quotes - I'll try to keep them in context.

"Devinsky asked the president pointedly if he would be willing to promise he wouldn't seek such extraordinary help for his wife or daughters if they became sick and the plan he's proposing limited the tests or treatment they can get.

The president refused to make such a pledge, though he allowed that if "it's my family member, if it's my wife, if it's my children, if it's my grandmother, I always want them to get the very best care. There's a whole bunch of care that's being provided that every study, that every bit of evidence that we have indicates may not be making us healthier," he said.

  • Uhhh...what? So is that a no? 'Cause it sounded like a no.

Gibson asked the president if it doesn't make sense to decide what the limitations will be on options in any healthcare reform proposal before voting on it.

The president said he understood the American people "know they're living with the devil, but the devil they know instead of the devil they don't."

  • Obama: "Limitations? Listen, Chuck, I don't think you understand what I'm going for here.."
  • Also. The devil we don't know. Shouldn't we wait to legislate until there are no devils in the equation? Or here's a wild thought - DONT LEGISLATE THE PRIVATE SECTOR.

No comments:

Post a Comment