Friday, June 26, 2009

Loonch

I love getting to lunch with Jason and the guys! It's such a fun break in the middle of a tedious workday. Today we ate at Pizza Republica at Landmark, and it was delish!

I had this wood oven pizza that was thin but well-equipped with a perfect balance of chew and char. There were these plump, piquant heirloom tomatoes with a robust herby flavor, like they'd been marinated in an herbed olive oil - rosemary and oregano maybe? Crispy garlic slivers contrasted crunchily with the soft give of the caramelized pearl onions. Crispy pancetta slices gave it just the right salty crackle. What isn't made better by the addition of bacon/bacon-like products?! Num!

/smacks gleefully, satisfied.

There was also a nourishing salad that was of note in that i actually ATE it, so you know it must be good. With a barely-there blanket of balsamic vinegar, some cracked pepper and the same heirloom tomatoes from the pizza, it was so good even Sean nibbled warily off it *gasp!* Nourishment is not something you will find as a feature of most of the dishes I enjoy...

I'm glad Jason and I get to see and talk to each other throughout the day. I think it makes our bond even better - funny (well, not funny) that the divorce rate is so high when there are so many ways to stay connected with the one you love. I guess some might argue that it contributes to the divorce rate, lol! Well until Jason asks me to stop bothering him, I think I'm ok.

The Landmark is awesome - there are few better places to sashay* around in the Denver sunshine to meet good friends and a hot hubby for a trendy lunch.

*Can this be onomatopoeia, please? It sounds EXACTLY the way the action is performed, it should count.

Hope you had a nice lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment